Tuesday 2 October 2012

Pixie Tilda on snowy roof - Christmas Story collection



Hi everyone, hope you've had a good start to the week. I've been painting up some of the gorgeous new Christmas Story stamps and this is the very sweet Pixie Tilda on the background stamp snowy roof which makes it Christmas here :D, I absolutely love the stamps in this collection, well I always say that and I always do but there's something extra special about the Christmas stamps :).


I wish I'd taken a photo of the card from the side as it's very 3D which doesn't show unfortunately. The window is a die cut popped up over the magnolia background paper (wallpaper) and the little blind I've made using the tiny scallop Magnolia DooHickey die which is then concertina folded. Everything is painted with distress ink and distress ink Markers, watercolour markers and crayons and Tilda is cut out and popped up over the top with the Magnolia Let it Snow sentiment stamped and cut out as well. I've added lots of stickles, white paint and faux stitching to create the snowy night time scene.

I'm entering my card into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge where this week it's 'anything goes'.

Only a couple more days and I'm off to Sweden for the Magnolia weekend.....I can't wait!

Enjoy your evening :).

12 comments:

Cards By MI said...

I wish I could be there and say hi IRL. I hope you have a wonderful stay. And as usual your card is magnificent. It's a real stunner and I would frame it and put it on the wall all year long. You are the best!
Love n hugs
Marie

Yulis Kartika said...

although you thought the picture not show the 3D effect, but your fabulous work speak more and your explanation make me seriously read it and continuing say .. wow wow wow ..
adored your coloring and design as always my friend.

hugs
Yulis

Brigitte said...

WOW Chris!!!!! Your card is fabulous!!!!! I love your colouring and can't wait to see more amazing creations from you! Hugs, Brigitte

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris!
I was so happy to see your card as I just ordered the snowy roof and Tilda on the roof (a different Tilda than the one you used) It is so nice to see how lovely it looks. You always display these stamps so beautifully. I love the window you added with the blind. the colouring on this card is gorgeous.
you must be so excited now with only a couple more days to go. have a super time dear Chris.
Hugs Maz

Karen said...

This is fantastic!!! I love it! : )

Lillemor said...

Wow what a card Chris!!! yes, these new stamps are just awesome!!! Take care until we´ll meet at saturday!
Big hugs Lillemor

Alma said...

dear Chris,
this is one of the most wonderful projects I´ve ever seen. You are the most talented Dt-Designer ever ;))
Hugs Alma

Monique said...

wow Chris. Your card is gorgeous !! When I think I have seen the most beautifull card you ever created, you go ahead, and make yet another one that is even more beautifull !!

Hugs Monique

Exclusively by Mel said...

Sooo gorgeous! what a wonderful card, your colouring blows me away!!
I hope you have a super time lovely xx
Mel. xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

Oh Chris you WOW me everytime that Ive run out of words. I cant wait to see this in person for sure :DDDD
See you soon xx
Hugs
Debbie xxx

Janny said...

Itá a beauty Chris, I wish you lots of fun in Sweden, hugs Janny

Crafteezee said...

Wow Chris, I could stare at your work for hours. Fabulous colourwork as always and I'm envious of you going to Magnolia. Have fun.
Hugs Tracy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails