Tuesday 12 January 2010

Still on Christmas

<KENOX S860  / Samsung S860>

Hi everyone, hope you’re having a good week so far and keeping warm. A card today for the ABC Christmas Challenge with a theme of Angels this time. I didn’t manage to use many of my sweet Christmas Tilda’s before Christmas so it’s been nice to get some of them stamped and as I’m determined to have plenty of cards ready for next Christmas I’m going to be entering all the Christmas challenges I can :D. As all Tilda’s are angels I’ve chosen the lovely Tilda with Christmas Tree and water coloured her with distress inks and matted the image on some pretty Magnolia Mistletoe paper. I’ve used the nestability frame for the first time that I got at Christmas and I’ve sponged the embossed parts with walnut stain distress ink. The background is kraft card that I’ve faux stitched to look like quilting and inside the diamonds on the reverse side I did a bit of sculpting with a ball tool. Lots of stickles has been added to the image and liquid pearls in gold on the background and on the Christmas tree. TFL.

11 comments:

Mandy said...

Wowzer...I didn't think your cards could get any better but I really really love this one..can I put my name down to go on your christmas card list!!! lol..stunning card..
Mandy xx

Stampin'Piper said...

OMG I'm in love ... Of course this is one of my absolutely favorite Tildas, but I totally love what you've done with her :) Your card reminds me on something I wanted to try with my new scor pal :) Thanks for that :)

Big Hugs Tanja

Phred said...

What a fab card. I love it so much? Your cards are so inspirational.

I have never used distressed ink to colour before, but really love the effect they give an image. Would you be able suggests some colours of distressed inks to start with?

http://craftyphred.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

WOW Chris!! Breathtakingly gorgeous :) I LOVE the little details & your coloring!
Hugs x

Fleur said...

Totally awesome. Beautiful.
Hugs Fleur xXx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris!
I ahve just had the mot wonderful time looking at all your Tilda's.
I ahve never seen such beautiful cards.
The way you colour is perfect. Tilda with the Christmas tree is beautifully made. I love how you hve done the Christmas tree and the quilting looks super.
I also have to make mention here of your New years day Tilda. wow! she sure does pop. They all do. Exceptional wirk. I love them all.
Hugs Marion.

Ila said...

This is So Gorgeous!!..I love the quilted background!..and your coloring is Fabulous as always!!...I just got my Magnolia xmas stamps a few weeks ago..so I'm going to be making xmas cards too...Hugs, Ila

Phred said...

Hi Chris

Many thanks for the recommendations of the distress inks.

lv Toria

Andrea said...

OMG, what a great card! Have you another blog or only the Magnolia?
xAndrea

Scrappellen said...

Hello!:) I'm so glad that I've find your blog, for so many lovely, amazing, inspirations creations!:) This evening I have been looking in you blog for a loong time, and find so much inspiration:) Thank you for the visit..and I woul like ti follow you, if its okei?:)
And you are very velcome to visit me, if you want:)
Have a nice evening!
hug, Ellen

Janie Printz said...

Your cards are all pieces of art & I love going back & looking at all you've made. This one is just incredible ...
Hugs, Janie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails